Monday, September 11, 2006

Italian Observations

My friend Matteo is visiting from Italy. Friday night he arrived and we went out to eat. As we were looking over the menu our waiter came by and set down two glasses of water.

"What's this??" Matteo asks as if this is the most shocking thing ever.

"Water."

"With ice???"

I just started laughing and said, "Welcome to America!"

If you've been to Italy before this is probably more amusing as you've probably gotten a dirty look from a waiter after having asked for ice with your water.

* * *

Another comment from Matteo was, "There's so much space here."

"Here? In New York? If you think this is a lot of space you should see Arizona."

* * *

Stay tuned. I'm sure there will be more funny observations from my Italian friend. He's staying with me for a MONTH!

No comments: